- "Stourhead will never forget" sculpture trail 2015 to 2017 commemorating World War I
- Sculpture for Bournemouth Council Recycling Department 2015
- Bird Henge Wiltshire 2014
- Sustrans Project Torbay 2013
- "Beyond the Garden Gate" sculpture trail for the National Trust at Stourhead 2011
- Scraptors' Sculpturemad garden
- Scraptors sculpturemad garden in the snow
Wednesday, 24 August 2011
Scraptors install more works in Stourhead Sculpture Trail
The Scraptors got very wet and muddy installing Herons in one of the ponds at Six Wells on the National Trust property of Stourhead for the sculpture trail to be in place throughout September. Above is Anthony's Egret meets a creature from the Deep. Fiona's large scrap steel Heron was a bigger job to install and a great relief when it was in - see images below of both Herons being installed.
Below is Anthony's Giant Barn Owl Flying and Fiona's Copper Owl in a large dead tree. Paul is going to paint the whole tree to resemble an owl and it reflects the Ancient Greek veneration of owls as symbols of Wisdom. Other owl sculptures have been placed in the tree by Paul and Rachel. One of the themes of the trail is the classical mythology represented in the artworks in the house and garden of Stourhead. .