- "Stourhead will never forget" sculpture trail 2015 to 2017 commemorating World War I
- Sculpture for Bournemouth Council Recycling Department 2015
- Bird Henge Wiltshire 2014
- Sustrans Project Torbay 2013
- Scraptorzoic Age at Magdalen eco farm Dorset 2013
- "Beyond the Garden Gate" sculpture trail for the National Trust at Stourhead 2011
- Scraptors' Sculpturemad garden
Monday, 2 November 2015
War horses under attack
We will be creating two new installations next summer at Stourhead for the National Trust for the sculpture trail "Stourhead will never forget" commemorating the effect of World War 1 on the community. One will commemorate the death of Harry Hoare, heir to the estate, killed rescuing horses in Palestine in 1917. Anthony has been in Lisbon where there was an exhibition of drawings by Adriano Sousa Lopes, the Portuguese official war artist of World War 1. In the Military Museum there are huge paintings by him . One if of great interest to us as it shows horses under attack. Also in the museum is a large sculpture by Delfim Mole on the same subject. Mole had been a wartime cavalry officer.
Below a painting by Adriano Sousa Lopes, powerful in its symbolism. But in his drawings and paintings he did not shy away from showing dead soldiers on the battlefield.